“Lún” is Chinese for “Wheel”. We think this perfectly summarizes what the Lún road range are: Performance wheels. No gimmicks, no marketing charades – just race ready wheels that won’t break the bank. We took our 10+ years experience of making and racing carbon fiber wheels and borrowed some trickle-down tech from our hugely successful HYPER wheels to make a wheelset that is ready for anything you can throw at it, packaged in a more affordable package.
Go faster, for less.
We love riding bikes fast, and we guess you do too. But we also know that most people in the world are balancing their disposable income with supporting a family, paying off student debt, or just don’t wanna ride a bike that cost more than a down payment on a house. We hear you loud and clear. Racing bikes shouldn’t be about who has the deepest pockets. We think well-made, aero-tested, and most importantly safe equipment should be available to the masses and that’s the main philosophy behind the Lún Road series.
The rim brake isn’t dead yet…
We love disc brakes, but we think the humble rim brake has plenty of life left in it. We think both have benefits, but, it doesn’t matter what we think, it matters what you think. We’re not into forcing people into throwing away their perfectly good rim brake bike and buying a disc brake bike just because it’s new and shiny. We’re dedicated to allocating equal resources to developing both disc and rim brake wheels and getting the most performance out of both solutions, as seen by our new textured braking surface on our rim brake models.
Tubeless Ready if you are
We’re hooked on tubeless. We love it’s improved rolling resistance and the lack of pinch flats. We designed the Lún rims to be as easy to setup tubeless as possible. No spoke holes in the rim bed means you never have to worry about rim tape or air leaking through the spoke holes. Combined with a high quality tubeless tire such as the Schwalbe Pro One TLE™, mounting the tire is straight-forward and the tire can usually be seated with a regular floor pump and minimum fuss. A 19mm wide internal rim bed (25mm external width at the brake track) means the rims are ready and optimized for the latest generation of performance road tires. Reinforced carbon hooks ensure a wider range of compatibility with tubeless tires from most manufacturers. But hey, if you’re still not convinced by tubeless technology, you’ll be happy to know our rims are 100% compatible with traditional clincher tires and tubes.
We engineered some pretty amazing hubs when we designed our range-topping HYPER wheels, we thought it would be a shame to waste that effort. Therefore the Lún Road series share most of their hub internals with the Lún HYPER wheels. The heart of the hub is a 17mm oversized axle and oversized 6803 and 6903 bearings. This keeps the hub stiff and light while minimizing friction on the bearings resulting in more of your energy being used to make your bike go faster, longer, lighter. By default the Lún Road series come with robust precision manufactured stainless steel bearings, but ceramic bearings are available as an optional upgrade.
Quality rims, inside and out
Your mother was right when she told you what matters is that you’re beautiful on the inside. We strive to make rims our mothers would be proud of. Lots of manufacturers in the bike industry use confusing marketing acronyms to tell you how good their carbon is. HMC, OCLV, UHT, FACT, BBQ, WTF… it’s all a bit over the top if you ask us. We take good quality carbon (Japanese Toray) and have skilled craftsman lay it up by hand here in the Chinese capital of carbon; Xiamen city.
Let’s face it – we all love a bit of carbon, so why hide it from the world under a layer of paint? Our Lún Road series rims are coating-free. The carbon you see is as it came out of the mold. We could talk about how this saves us upto 20g per rim, but we’ll be honest – we think the best thing is that it just looks cool.
– 30mm, 45mm, or 60mm tall zero-coating rim with 19mm internal rim width, 25mm brake track width and upto 28mm width at the widest point (depending on rim depth).
– Tubeless-ready hooked rim bead-seat supports tubeless tires from 23-45mm. Tested with Schwalbe Pro One, Continental GP5000 TL. Also supports traditional clinchers.
– High-temperature resistant, high-friction textured braking surface on rim brake versions.
– Pillar aero spokes fitted as standard. Combination of Pillar 1420 and 1432 depending on Drive/Non-Drive Side.
– Sapim spokes available as optional upgrade. Combination of Sapim CX-Ray and CX-Sprint depending on Drive/Non-Drive Side.
– Aerodynamic profile for decreased air resistance.
– Rear wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on rear wheels. 24 spokes.
– Front wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on disc brake wheels, 21 spokes. Radial lacing on rim brake wheels, 18 spokes.
– Bespoke engineered Winspace hubs.
– Over-sized 17mm central axles.
– Supplied with standard Shimano compatible 11s freewheel body.
– SRAM XDR Driver, Campagnolo driver also available upon request.
– 6803 and 6903 Precision stainless steel bearings. Ceramic bearings available via optional upgrade.
– Compatibility: Disc brake versions compatible with F:12×100 R:12×142 thru-axles.
* All weights are for full wheelsets (including hub, bearings, spokes, nipples and rim.) Weights are actual weights of complete wheelsets and are accurate to +/-3%.
– Compatible with regular clincher tires with innertubes.
– Compatible with tubeless-ready tires from leading manufacturers.
– When using tubeless tires do not exceed 100psi for riding. (Upto 120psi may be required to initially seat the tire) 100psi is plenty for road tubeless.
– Tire pressures should decrease as sizes increase. EG: 30mm tire no more than 85psi, 35mm tire no more than 60psi, 40-45mm tire no more than 40psi.
The system limit (Rider + bike + luggage, etc.) is 120kg. However, riders above 90kgs should regularly inspect their wheels or get a qualified bike mechanic to do so.
– Rim Brake versions: Wheels, QR Skewers, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders, Brake Pads.
– Disc Brake versions: Wheels, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders.
*Valve extenders not required and not supplied with 30mm rims.
We stand by all our products and offer a 2 year warranty on our Lún wheels.
This wheelset carries a limited warranty of two (2) years from the date of purchase to the original owner only. Unless otherwise stated, the sole remedy under this warranty or any implied warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts with thos of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Winspace. Winspace will not be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability or any other theory. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on parts in situations where there are no material defects. This warranty does not cover consumable components including brake pads, spokes, rim tapes, bearings, etc.